Cardi B confirmed her split with her husband, Offset, in a recent Instagram Live. After six years of marriage, public drama, and lavish exchanges, they have decided to break up once again. The news comes after weeks of speculation, with Cardi unfollowing Offset on social media and posting cryptic messages about “losing dead weight.”
“I’ve been single for a minute now,” Cardi B shared with her millions of followers when she went live on Instagram on Sunday night to address the rumors directly. She went on to explain that she wasn’t sure how to share the news but wanted to be honest with her fans.
“I’ve wanted to tell y’all for a long time. But I just wasn’t sure how to go about it,” she said.
Cardi didn’t go into much detail, but their turbulent relationship hasn’t been secret for the past seven years. Offset claimed on Instagram in June that Cardi cheated on him, which she didn’t exactly refute in her answer on Twitter. Their on-again, off-again relationship hit another rough patch in December 2023 when Cardi unfollowed Offset on Instagram and posted a cryptic message about outgrowing relationships.
“You know when you just outgrow relationships,” she wrote on her Instagram Story. “I’m sick of protecting people’s feelings…I gotta put myself first.”
The breakup marks the end of a tumultuous relationship for Cardi B and Offset. They have faced their fair share of public controversies and rumors of infidelity but always managed to reconcile. However, this time seems different. Cardi B appears determined to move on and start anew.
“I wanna start 2024 fresh and open. I don’t know. I’m curious for a new life, for a new beginning. And yeah, I’m excited,” she said during her Instagram Live.
They also share two children, daughter, Kulture (5) and son Wave (2). The news of their split has left many questions unanswered. Will they work things out? What does this mean for their musical careers? How will they co-parent their children? But Only time will tell what the future holds.
- Fizza Tanveer writes stories about history for The Feisty News. She resurrects lost stories with her pen-as-time machine. To her, history isn't mere facts and figures; instead, it's about understanding the past's impact on our world.
- FEISTY WomenJanuary 13, 2024Women speak up to lead the fight to save America’s democracy
- CrimeJanuary 7, 2024Teenage girl is virtually gang-raped in Metaverse game
- LifestyleJanuary 6, 2024Self-driving RoboTaxi’s offer an antidote to 7 Million annual air pollution deaths
- World NewsDecember 24, 2023NASA aims to land the first woman on the moon in 2024