A 25-year-old Miami woman is facing serious charges after allegedly setting fire to her Tinder date and his car following a dispute over money outside a Miami hotel. Destiny Lenai Johnson was arrested and charged with , attempted murder, aggravated battery and arson.
According to the police report, Destiny messaged her date, whom she had met once previously after connecting on Tinder, asking to meet at her hotel around 5 am. Upon arrival, she reportedly requested money from him. When he refused, she allegedly became enraged and poured a substance resembling gasoline onto the passenger seat of his car and ignited it with a lighter.
Speaking to officers, the man claimed Destiny approached his car with a gallon jug containing a yellow liquid and asked for money to fix her vehicle. He said he initially refused but then gave her $60 to help. However, her mood quickly shifted, and he reported her yelling, “You guys are out to get me!” before dousing the car and the man with the liquid before setting it ablaze.
Destiny, however, claims she believed she was being trafficked and felt pressured into engaging in sexual acts for money, which she declined. Despite this, she admits to pouring the gasoline and setting the car on fire..
The man recounted that he rolled on the ground to extinguish the flames from his clothing and retrieved a gun from his waistband, aiming it at Destiny in fear she might try to set him on fire again. He then sought assistance from the hotel staff who directed him to a local hospital for medical treatment.
Several hours later, police responded to a 911 call about a naked woman with burns less than a mile away, claiming she had blown up a car. The woman was identified as Destiny and was also treated for burns at the hospital.
Destiny is currently being held at a Miami-Dade County jail on a $10,000 bond for each charge. The investigation is ongoing.
- Fizza Tanveer writes stories about history for The Feisty News. She resurrects lost stories with her pen-as-time machine. To her, history isn't mere facts and figures; instead, it's about understanding the past's impact on our world.
- FEISTY WomenJanuary 13, 2024Women speak up to lead the fight to save America’s democracy
- CrimeJanuary 7, 2024Teenage girl is virtually gang-raped in Metaverse game
- LifestyleJanuary 6, 2024Self-driving RoboTaxi’s offer an antidote to 7 Million annual air pollution deaths
- World NewsDecember 24, 2023NASA aims to land the first woman on the moon in 2024