On March 23, Multichannel News again honored an exceptional group of 15 women executives in Media and Entertainment at the annual Wonder Women of New York luncheon at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City.
The Wonder Women awards, a key fixture on the media calendar since 1999, honor excellence among women leaders in media businesses including programming and operations, streaming, marketing, advertising and technology. Once again, MCN’s partner for the luncheon event is the New York chapter of the WICT Network.
Also Read: Meet the 2023 Wonder Women of Los Angeles
In addition to our 15 executive nominees, the luncheon recognized Margaret Brennan, moderator of CBS’s Face the Nation and chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, as the 2023 Woman of Influence, honored both for her distinguished reporting career and her industry leadership.
Also Read: Full Coverage of Wonder Women of NY 2023
Hosts for the event are Kimberley A. Martin, NFL reporter for ESPN; Natasha Verma, co-anchor of The 5 O’Clock News and The 10’O Clock News for Fox station WNYW New York; and Cheryl Wills, anchor for Spectrum News NY1.
For more on the Wonder Women of New York event, visit mcnwonderwomen.com.
For more on this year’s honorees, click through to the profiles linked below:
2023 Wonder Women of New York
- Samira Bakhtiar, Director, Global Media and Entertainment, Amazon Web Services
- Karen Barroeta, Executive VP, Production and Development, Telemundo Global Studios
- Marnie Black, Executive VP, Public Relations, AMC Networks
- Amy Campbell, Chief Marketing Officer, MTV Entertainment Studios and Paramount Media Networks
- Pola Changnon, General Manager, Turner Classic Movies
- Sonia Coleman, Senior VP, Human Resources, Disney General Entertaiment and ESPN
- Kathleen Finch, Chairman and Chief Content Officer, U.S, Networks Group, Warner Bros Discovery
- Annie Howell, Chief Communications Officer, Hallmark Media
- Kate O’Brian, President, Scripps News
- Rori Peters, Senior VP, Content Distribution and Sales Strategy, TV One and Cleo TV
- Sharon Peters, Executive VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Charter Communications
- Melody Smalls, Executive VP, Global Human Resources, Allen Media Group
- Michelle Strong, Senior VP, Distribution, A+E Networks
- Suzanne Sullivan, Executive VP Ad Sales, Fox Entertainment, Fox Corp.
- Monica Williams, Senior VP, Digital Products and Operations, NBCUniversal
2023 Woman of Influence
- SportsSeptember 30, 2023Nevin seeks to build on her promise with Leicester City – FTBL | The home of football in Australia – The Women’s Game
- Women's RightsSeptember 30, 2023Experts back decriminalization as the best means to enhance sex workers’ rights
- World NewsSeptember 30, 2023What risks do China’s shadow banks pose to the economy? | Business and Economy
- LifestyleSeptember 30, 2023Costco has begun selling gold bars